Parents warned to be vigilant to dangers of cannabis jellies

Parents are being warned to be vigilant about cannabis jellies in the run up to Halloween.

It comes after a number of children were hospitalised after accidentally eating the sweets this year, with six under the age of 10 treated in an eight week period alone.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland has issued a warning that the packaging resembles popular brands of sweets and children might unwittingly consume them.

The authority says the prevalence of these edible products containing THC in communities and schools around the country, is a growing cause for concern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Top Stories

Advertisement