Author name: oisinkelly

FAI Junior Cup Results – Sunday 3rd December 2017

FAI Junior Cup – 5th Round Results, Sunday 3rd December Castlefin Celtic                                    2          v          0          Carrigaline United (Cork) Rathmullan Celtic                   Off       v          Off       Innishvilla F.C. (Cork) Sandyhill Shangan F.C. (Dublin) 1       v          2          Cappry Rovers Greencastle FC                        1          V          0          St Francis ( Dublin)

FAI Junior Cup Results – Sunday 3rd December 2017 Read More »

Tony Blair – Brexit could be “problematic to the peace process”

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair says the Good Friday Agreement is at risk because of Brexit. He says Britain’s decision to leave the EU could be “problematic to the peace process”. Earlier, Tánaiste Simon Coveney said Ireland has no desire to block the Brexit process, but that more progress to prevent a hard border

Tony Blair – Brexit could be “problematic to the peace process” Read More »

Brian McGeehin on St. Eunan’s progression in Ulster Minor Club Tournament

St. Eunan’s were the winners in the Ulster Minor Club Tournament Preliminary Round, played today at St Pauls, Belfast. The final score was 1-7 to St. Eunan’s, 0-7 to Burren from Co. Down. They now progress to the quarter final, which will be played next Sunday. Joint Manager Brian McGeehin gave his reaction to the

Brian McGeehin on St. Eunan’s progression in Ulster Minor Club Tournament Read More »

Joint Manager Brian McGeehin on St. Eunan’s Ulster Minor clash

St. Eunan’s will take on Burren of Down in the Ulster Minor Football Tournament tomorrow with a 1pm throw-in. The Letterkenny side claimed the Donegal Minor Football Championship in September with a convincing 14 point win over Kilcar, but have not played since then. Joint manager Brian McGeehin spoke with Oisin Kelly on Saturday Sport

Joint Manager Brian McGeehin on St. Eunan’s Ulster Minor clash Read More »

Losses for McCole and Browne at National Senior Boxing Championship Finals

Matthew McCole of Dungloe and Cathal Browne of Illies Golden Gloves both lost out in the final of their respective weight categories at the National Finals last night in Dublin. McCole, who was fighting at 64kg, lost 4-1 to Kenneth Brown of Monkstown in Dublin. 81kg boxer Browne also lost 4-1 to his Ballinacarrow opponent

Losses for McCole and Browne at National Senior Boxing Championship Finals Read More »

PSNI, Police, Northern Ireland

Police secure extension to question man in connection with Fermanagh death

Police in the north have been granted an extension to question a man arrested in connection with the death of Luna McKinney in Fermanagh earlier this year. The 41 year old man was detained in relation to the incident which occured in April. Mrs McKinney from County Donegal was on holiday with her family in

Police secure extension to question man in connection with Fermanagh death Read More »

Donegal businesses reminded of importance of strong networks

Speaking at a workshop in the Silver Tassie Hotel in Letterkenny yesterday morning, experienced sales professional Peter Turley explained how changing the way they think about sales could lead to huge benefits for Donegal businesses. He, along with two other speakers, local businessmen Seamus McMenamin of Mantis Cranes and Adrian Britton of Roadteam Ltd., addressed

Donegal businesses reminded of importance of strong networks Read More »

Shoppers encouraged to support local retailers over Christmas period

Small businesses are facing big challenges, but we can all make a contribution to help. Today is being called “Small Business Saturday” with people being encouraged to turn to local retailers when buying Christmas gifts. The Small Firms Association says that if we all spent an extra € 20 in small businesses this Christmas, it

Shoppers encouraged to support local retailers over Christmas period Read More »

Harrison disappointed at Disclosures Tribunal findings

Garda Keith Harrison says he’s disappointed but not surprised with the conclusions of the Disclosures Tribunal. Justice Peter Charleton rejected claims by Garda Harrison and his partner Marissa Simms that Gardai maliciously called in TUSLA to interfere in their family life. He said their allegations were “entirely without validity”. In a statement, Garda Harrison says

Harrison disappointed at Disclosures Tribunal findings Read More »

Donegal County Council, County House, Lifford

Budget Update – Ibec calls for no rates increases as progress is reported

Donegal County Council’s Budget meeting has been adjourned until 6pm this evening amid reports that some progress is being made. It’s understood that while a number of proposals are currently on the table, further talks are to take place with the executive and members. It’s the third time the meeting has been adjourned today. Meanwhile,

Budget Update – Ibec calls for no rates increases as progress is reported Read More »

Budget Update – Budget meeting adjourned once again as talks continue

  Donegal County Councils meeting on Budget 2018 has been adjourned again until 4pm. Cathaoirleach Cllr. Gerry McMonagle has invited all independent Councillors who wish to reach a solution to join in this afternoons discussions. At last weeks meeting, local representatives voted unanimously against increasing commercial rates by 5%. Speaking after the adjournment, Fianna Fáil

Budget Update – Budget meeting adjourned once again as talks continue Read More »

Motor Tax service temporarily unavailable at Donegal County Council offices

Due to technical issue with the national system, the Motor Tax service is currently not available in any of the Donegal County Council offices. Donegal County Council says every effort is being made to restore this service and updates will be issued with any further developments. The online motor tax service is available at www.motortax.ie

Motor Tax service temporarily unavailable at Donegal County Council offices Read More »

Update: Break in at Kernan’s bears similarities to other recent break ins

Gardai say an overnight break in at Kernan’s shop in Ramelton presents similarities to other break ins over the past number of months across Donegal. Entry was gained to the premises through a back door at approximately 3 o’clock this morning, with a sum of cash taken. Crime Prevention Officer, Sergeant Paul Wallace says this

Update: Break in at Kernan’s bears similarities to other recent break ins Read More »

Gardai in Milford appeal for information following break in at Kernan’s in Ramelton

Gardai in Milford are appealing for information following a break in at Kernan’s shop in Ramelton. The premises was broken into at approximately 3 o’clock this morning. It is believed a quantity of cash was taken. Anyone who may have any information in relation to the incident is asked to contact Milford Garda Station on

Gardai in Milford appeal for information following break in at Kernan’s in Ramelton Read More »

Calls for more inpatient beds for teens with mental health issues

A Donegal County Councillor is calling for more inpatient beds for teens in Donegal that are experiencing mental health issues. It follows claims that some young people with issues presented themselves at Letterkenny University Hospital but were sent home because there were no beds available for them. Cllr Gary Doherty says they are having to

Calls for more inpatient beds for teens with mental health issues Read More »

One in four general surgeries cancelled at LUH in past year

Latest statistics have revealed that almost a quarter of scheduled surgeries at Letterkenny University Hospital have been cancelled in the past year. Senator Padraig MacLochlainn has received confirmation that of the 388 scheduled general surgeries 89 were cancelled. Senator MacLochlainn says these figures are deeply worrying as the crisis at the hospital appears to be

One in four general surgeries cancelled at LUH in past year Read More »

Disclosures Tribunal finds Harrison allegations are ‘without any validity’

The Justice Minister’s welcomed a report dismissing all allegations made by Garda whistleblower Keith Harrison and his partner Marisa Simms. Chair of the Disclosures Tribunal Mr Justice Peter Charleton found the claims are “entirely without any validity”. The interim report found the couple’s allegations that social workers interfered with their family life, in collusion with

Disclosures Tribunal finds Harrison allegations are ‘without any validity’ Read More »