Author name: oisinkelly

ShopLK reach important milestone with record Christmas sales

  ShopLK Letterkenny has reached another milestone with sales hitting a record €1.5m over the Christmas period. Letterkenny Chamber created the ShopLK brand in 2004 and added the Vouchers in 2006. Since then, sales have increased year on year. Christmas sales increased by 16% and with sales from 1st November 2017 to 24th January amounting

ShopLK reach important milestone with record Christmas sales Read More »

Mac Lochlainn seeks clarification on plans to use short stay ward space

A Donegal senator is asking for clarification about plans for the use of the noncommissioned short stay ward at Letterkenny University Hospital, particularly in the short to medium term. Senator Padraig Mac Lochlainn says he understands there are plans to use the space to facilitate porter and clerical staff. He’s now seeking clarification from management

Mac Lochlainn seeks clarification on plans to use short stay ward space Read More »

The Jacksons are headlining Dublin’s Beatyard festival this August

If you happened to see The Jacksons on last year’s Glastonbury coverage, you’d rightly be wondering why on earth no Irish festival has booked them. Well, your prayers have now been answered – as the reunited pop group of Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon will play Dublin’s Beatyard festival this August. They’ll headline the Dun Laoghaire festival on Friday, August 3rd, and tickets

The Jacksons are headlining Dublin’s Beatyard festival this August Read More »

Game of Thrones bosses leaving Westeros for Star Wars

Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and DB Weiss are to write and produce a new series of films in the Star Wars franchise, with the duo describing themselves as “honoured”, “a little terrified” and “so excited”. Disney and Lucasfilm announced that the duo’s films will be separate to The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson’s upcoming trilogy and the current Skywalker saga.

Game of Thrones bosses leaving Westeros for Star Wars Read More »

PSNI, Police, Northern Ireland

Body recovered from River Foyle believed to be missing Strabane woman

Police have confirmed that body was recovered from the River Foyle this afternoon. It is believed to be that of 69 year-old Lesley McHugh who has been missing since January 6th. West Tyrone MLA Daniel McCrossan has expressed his sympathy with the family of Ms McHugh and says he is hopeful these developments bring closure

Body recovered from River Foyle believed to be missing Strabane woman Read More »

Gardai renew appeal for information in Andrew Burns murder investigation

A joint cross-border appeal has been launched for information in connection with the murder of Andrew Burns ahead of the 10th anniversary of his death. Mr Burns was murdered in the grounds of Donnyloop Church, Castlefin on 12th February 2008. While one man is in prison for his part in the murder, Gardai believe a

Gardai renew appeal for information in Andrew Burns murder investigation Read More »

Údarás na Gaeltachta announce new marketing positions for Donegal

Údarás na Gaeltachta has today announced its support for two new marketing positions to enhance strategic tourism projects in Gaoth Dobhair and Dunlewey. The creation and funding of the new positions for Amharclann Gaoth Dobhair and the Dunlewey Centre will benefit tourism in the region through marketing, publicity, the creation of holiday packages and the

Údarás na Gaeltachta announce new marketing positions for Donegal Read More »

Street lighting in Twin Towns sparks concern over pedestrian safety

There are calls on the TII to urgently fund the upgrading of street lights in Ballybofey and Stranorlar. It follows concern raised by residents over changes to the lighting which is leading to white lights shining straight down, creating dark spots in some areas. Local Cllr Patrick McGowan says an overhaul of the system would

Street lighting in Twin Towns sparks concern over pedestrian safety Read More »

Fears that Donegal will be forgotten if National Planning Framework proceeds

  Donegal is at risk of being forgotten by an entire generation if the National Planning Framework goes ahead in its draft form. That’s according to Donegal Deputy Thomas Pringle who says it’s crucial the interests of the county and the North West are urgently heard at this time, given the proposed framework if it

Fears that Donegal will be forgotten if National Planning Framework proceeds Read More »

Gary Barlow shares throwback picture revealing just how much weight he’s lost over the years

He may be approaching 50 in the next year or two, but there’s no doubt that Gary Barlow is in the best shape of his life. However, those of us old enough to remember his post-Take That phase will remember that that wasn’t always the case for the 47-year-old, and he weighed 16st 11lbs at his

Gary Barlow shares throwback picture revealing just how much weight he’s lost over the years Read More »

Heavy snow falling in Donegal – assume no road is ice free

Motorists across Co Donegal are being advised to exercise extreme caution when travelling this evening. Heavy snow is falling in the county with temperatures set to fall to -4 degrees tonight. Gritters were out in some areas this afternoon and Donegal County Council say gritting will take place on routes tomorrow morning at 6am. The

Heavy snow falling in Donegal – assume no road is ice free Read More »

Man to be sentenced in April following Letterkenny arson attack

A 31 year old man from Glen Hola, Gortahork will be sentenced in April after pleading guilty in connection with an arson attack that caused more than €500,000 of damage to an apartment block, several cars and shops in Letterkenny town centre. At Letterkenny Circuit Court today, Paul McGinley admitted two charges of arson and

Man to be sentenced in April following Letterkenny arson attack Read More »

Renewed calls for purpose-built maternity theatre at LUH to be opened

There are renewed calls for the Government to open the purpose-built maternity theatre at Letterkenny University Hospital. The theatre was built 18 years ago and has been lying idle since its construction. Hospital management claim the absence of resources has lead to the facility remaining unused. Donegal Deputy Pearse Doherty says the hospital has four

Renewed calls for purpose-built maternity theatre at LUH to be opened Read More »

Emergency meeting called over escalating rat infestation in Derry

An Emergency meeting is to be held tomorrow over what’s been described as a major rat infestation in Derry. According to residents, the infestation centres on the Bogside area of the city with sightings of rodents reported in peoples homes, gardens and laneways. Measures had been taken in the past to address the problem however

Emergency meeting called over escalating rat infestation in Derry Read More »