Apartment block evacuated in Derry following detected gas leak

fire brigade NI
An apartment block in Derry city was evacuated last night following a detected gas leak.
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene at Clarendon Manor, off Northland Road shortly after 8.30pm last night.
It’s understood two fire appliances from Northland Fire Station and one fire appliance from Crescent Link Fire Station were deployed to the scene.
Firefighters carried out a reading using a gas monitor and a number of residents were evacuated from the premises.
A small gas leak was detected at the exterior gas intake.
The building was ventilated and there were no injuries.
The fire service finished at the scene just before 10pm last night and the incident was handed over to a gas engineer.


Top Stories