Snow is continuing to fall across Donegal, with four weather warnings now in place.
An orange weather warning has been issued for strong winds across Donegal, a yellow alert has been issued for strong winds for Leinster, Monaghan, Roscommon, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford.
While a nationwide weather warning is in place for snow showers and a yellow advisory for high seas.
It will be very cold today with wintry showers and strong winds while temperatures will drop to minus 1 tonight.
Met Eireann Forecaster is Pat Clarke:
Donegal County Council is urging all motorists to take extra care on the roads and allos extra for journeys.
The local authority is also advising that gritting crew will be out this afternoon gritting all main routes in the county.
You can check the council’s Winter Gritting map at www.donegalcoco.ie
- Gardaí in Letterkenny are reporting snow on roads in the town and are advising motorists to drive with extreme care
- Reports of bad road conditions at Bridgend, Ramelton
- Collision on Termon to Creeslough Road – drivers advised to approach with caution
- Road slippy at Lurgybrack to Kilross junction on Letterkenny to Ballybofey Road
- Buncrana to Clonmany Road very icy
- A lot of snow reported to be lying on the Newton to Killea Road into Derry
- Meenaroy Road passable with care, snow on road
- Police in Derry are advising motorists to avoid Upper Southway following a single-vehicle collision and treacherous driving conditions