Gardai in Donegal have been made aware of a text message being received by people which appears to be from their bank.
They are advising the public to:
– Never click on a link of an unsolicited text, email or respond to cold callers seeking personal information.
– Do not use reply or call the number supplied by these texts.
– Never give away personal data like PIN number, card numbers, passwords, one time codes, PPS numbers
– If you have responded to such a text or paid the scammers, contact your bank immediately for a recall.
– It is also important to report the matter to your local Garda Station.