The Creative Schools initiative is to be rolled out at 9 schools in Donegal.
The programme was launched today by Minister Joe McHugh at an event at Glenswilly National School in Letterkenny.
150 schools nationwide are due to participate in the initiative which aims to understand, develop and celebrate the arts, as a core aspect of school life, and to foster children and young people’s creativity and participation in the arts as an integral part of their education in Ireland.
Participating schools in Donegal include:
- Coláiste Ailigh, Cnoc Na Móna, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
- Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmada, Leabgarrow, Arranmore Island, Co Donegal
- Glenmaquin NS, Glenmaquin, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
- Glenswilly National School, Glenswilly, New Mills, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
- Scoil Athphoirt, Aphort, Arranmore Island, Co Donegal
- Scoil Treasa Naofa, Drumcarbit, Malin, Co Donegal
- St Baithin’s National School, St Johnston, Lifford, Co Donegal
- St Patrick’s Girls National School, Convent Road, Carndonagh, Co Donegal
- St Safan’s NS, Drumdoit, Castlefinn, Co Donegal