Bogside residents have “lucky escape” after arson attack at Gartan Square

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin

bogside fire
A Derry councillor says residents living in top floor flats at Gartan Square in the Bogside had a lucky escape last night after a malicious fire was started in a bin shed beside the building
Councillor Colly Kelly says the fire was started in the shed at the end of the row which houses the bins for local residents. Flames engulfed the stairway and smoke entered a number of homes.
He says efforts have been made to address a number problems of anti-community activity in and around the area over the past few weeks, and he’ll be hosting a meeting with residents and various agencies as a matter of urgency.


Top Stories